×

Pages

Labels

Search

×

Pages

×
×

Notice

The site is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance, and may not function correctly. Please come back later.

Advertisement

advertisement

I Had Several Nightmares Last Night

I had several nightmares last night, but the worst was about tarantulas. I dreamt that my house had a bunch of tarantulas in it, and I'd managed to collect them all into a well contained bag in the bathroom. At this point, for some reason I thought it would be a smashing idea to release them in a room in the basement as a prank. Not sure who this prank was on, since in the dream it was just me there. As I took the bag of tarantulas down to the basement one snuck away. The me in the dream didn't notice as the tarantula headed to my bedroom, and climbed under the covers towards the foot of the bed. Yet somehow the me dreaming the dream did notice, and made a mental note that this was going to be trouble further along in the dream, but not something I had time to worry about just then. I proceeded to release the tarantulas in the room in the basement, closed the door, and headed upstairs. As I headed back upstairs, I began to think about the fact that the tarantulas would likely escape from that room, and even if they didn't sooner or later I'd need to go in there. I realized it had been a terrible idea to release the tarantulas, and I needed to re-capture them sooner rather than later so that they hopefully wouldn't have had a chance to spread out from the spot I'd put them. I began to think of what would be a the best way to re-capture them. Using the vacume seemed like a good option, but I was worried they would crawl back out. Also what if it got full before I finished? I decided to use a camping dual prong hotdog stick to stab the tarantulas to death before vacuming them up. Unfortunately the vacum was bagless, and I worried some of the tarantulas might not be dead. To solve this I decided to throw out the entire vacume so as not to risk emptying the cup. In order to throw out the vacume it would need to be in a garbage bag, as loose garbage is not permitted in the garbage bins. However the vacume was too big to fit into a bag. I brainstormed, and ended up putting one bag on the bottom of the vacume, another over the top, and duct taping the bags together. I was feeling rather pleased with myself. Everything had all gone smoothly. Yet at the same time the me dreaming the dream was feeling anxious, because what if the me in the dream goes to bed now? After throwing out the vacume I began heading back to my room to go to bed. The me in the dream was still unaware of the one tarantula being in my bed, and the me dreaming the dream began trying to think of how I could stop the me in the dream from going to bed. As I got closer to the room I stopped thinking about how to stop it as the realization set in that it was probably going to happen. I started to think about chances of survival, and concluded the tarantula probably wasn't poisonous. What concerned me was that I would be startling it, likely bitten multiple times, and it would most likely happen after I'd gone to sleep so I'd be defenseless and unaware. As I approached the bed panic set in, and I began to think if I could just wake up before the me in the dream got into bed. Thankfully, I did. A few minutes later I managed to get back to sleep, only to have another nightmare, but at least this one wasn't about hand sized spiders all up in my bed, bath, and beyond :).

Authors:James Daniel Marrs Ritchey
License:Ritchey Permissive License v8
Ritchey Permissive License v8:

You means the person, or legal entity exercising permissions granted by this license. Provider means a person (or legal entity) using permissions granted by this license to share the material. Permissions are revoked permanently upon breach of this license. Subject to the terms of this license, any person (or legal entity) is hereby granted otherwise irrevocable royalty-free permission to do anything with material provided under this license. The material is provided as is, without warranties of any kind, guarantees of any kind, or implied fitness for any purpose. The authors, owners, and providers will not be held responsible for anything caused by the material. When sharing the material with others you take on all responsibilities of and relating to consequences (including warranties, implied warranties, guarantees, liabilities, and damages), including those which would normally be the responsibility of the owner, between you and those directly and indirectly receiving the material from you. The material must remain solely under this license. This license is to be upheld in Canada, subject to the laws of Canada, as they were on April 21, 2019. You must be legally capable of being bound to all the requirements of this license, and by using the material you agree to be. The license text is provided under these terms.

Advertisment

advertisement
Copyright © James Daniel Marrs Ritchey.

Siteviews